Hendricksen seeking Republican Sheriff’s nomination
February 12, 2014
Hendricksen, an officer with the Utah Valley University Police Department, will vie for the Republican nomination in the Summit County Sheriff’s campaign, joining fellow Francis resident and Salt Lake City Police Department Officer Dax Shane, who will also try for the Republican nomination. Current Summit County Sheriff’s Office Capt. Justin Martinez announced last year that he will be seeking the position of Sheriff, running on the Democratic ticket.
The filing period for candidates is from Mar. 14-20 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Candidates must file in-person at the Summit County Clerk’s Office, located in the Summit County Courthouse at 60 N. Main Street in Coalville. For more information, contact County Clerk Kent Jones at 435-336-3202.
Editor’s note: In the Feb. 8-11 issue of The Park Record, Summit County Sheriff candidate Kris Hendricksen’s name was incorrectly spelled as ‘Kris Hendricks’ in the article titled ‘Two declare candidacy for county sheriff’ by Aaron Osowski.
Trending In: Summit County
- Jeremy Ranch homeowners sue Summit County over use of entry gate
- Summit County Council endorses changes to East Side code
- Park City man sentenced for threatening to kill Summit County Sheriff’s detective
- Risk of wildfires looms over Summit County
- Sheriff’s Report: Man leads deputies on foot pursuit in Kimball Junction