Hiker found deceased
July 29, 2014
A hiker was found dead Monday, July 28 on the Crystal Lake Trail near Trial Lake off the Mirror Lake Highway, according to the Summit County Sheriff’s Department.
The man has been identified and his next of kin has been notified, said Sgt. Ron Bridge.
"The death is not suspicious," Bridge said.
Deputies were notified of an unconscious and unresponsive man on the trail via a 911 call, and Search and Rescue was called to assist because of the remote location, Bridge said. Once they located the man, they confirmed he was deceased.
Bridge said a Department of Public Safety helicopter was contacted and planned to assist with retrieval of the body until it was discovered that the terrain was too difficult for the helicopter to land
As of Tuesday, the body was at the medical examiner’s office and the cause of death is not known.
Recommended Stories For You
— David Burger
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit County library follows trend of waiving fines for overdue items
- Summit County officials have captive audience with state representatives
- Sheriff’s report: Two vehicles burglarized at popular trailhead in the Snyderville Basin
- Court report: Francis woman pleads guilty to assault
- Sheriff’s report: Man kicked out of Uber for trying to fight the driver
- Park City awaits a Friday decision on fate of Olympic bid
- UPDATED: Park Record Building evacuated Thursday after bomb threat hoax
- Winter Olympics: Park City, Salt Lake City seen as 2026 contingency
- Park City police blotter: report received of ski collision from January
- Park City High School names Sterling Scholars