Jeremy Ranch named ed partner
June 7, 2013
On May 29, Jeremy Ranch Elementary School’s Principal Shawn Kuennen accepted a certificate recognizing the school as a Partner in Environmental Education with Snyderville Basin Water Reclamation District (SBWRD). The program acknowledges that the school is actively engaged in advancing environmental education for its students and for the community.
The school’s fourth grade students recently visited the East Canyon Water Reclamation Facility. Following the visit, the students created drawings expressing their views about the community’s water environment. Selected drawings will be exhibited at the East Canyon facility. As part of the award, SBWRD made a donation to the school’s environmental education program. SBWRD offers the Partnership For Environmental Education program to all Park City elementary schools.
The public is invited to tour the East Canyon Water Reclamation Facility. The tour includes an educational exhibit and the Gallery of Children’s Environmental Art. Guided tours are available by calling Michael Boyle, Operations Manager, SBWRD 649-7993 ext.229.
Trending In: Summit County
- Potential development now in Coalville City’s hands
- Sheriff’s Report: Four vehicles burglarized on separate occasions
- No timeline for completion of South Summit Facilities Building
- Court Report: Summit County’s 3rd District Court heard two possession cases on March 12
- Summit County plans major upgrades for Snyderville Basin roads