Law enforcement officials deploy spikes to end high-speed chase
Suspect taken into custody in Salt Lake
April 11, 2017
Summit County law enforcement officials took a 30-year-old man into custody on Friday in the Salt Lake Valley after he led them on a high-speed pursuit from the Kimball Junction area in a stolen vehicle.
Deputies stopped a white Dodge Dakota near Bear Cub road and State Road 224 for failing to stop at a red traffic light, according to the Summit County Sheriff's Office. A report states Jeffrey Allen Reedy, of Salt Lake Valley, did not have a driver's license and originally provided deputies with a false name.
When deputies asked Reedy to exit the vehicle, he reportedly sped off and entered the westbound onramp to Interstate 80 at Kimball Junction, according to a report.
Deputies, along with Park City Police officers and troopers with the Utah Highway Patrol, pursued the suspect's vehicle through the canyon before deploying a spike strip on Interstate 215 near the 3300 South exit to end the chase.
Law enforcement officials conducted a felony stop, with guns drawn, to take Reedy into custody. He was transported and booked into the Summit County Jail.
Reedy faces several charges and traffic violations, including driving under the influence of a metabolite, reckless driving, possession of drugs and paraphernalia, and possession of a stolen vehicle.
Trending In: Summit County
- Police arrest Kamas man for allegedly threatening to shoot roommate’s boyfriend
- Osguthorpe Farm deal hinges on additional $375,000
- Sheriff’s report: Intoxicated man causes a disturbance on bus
- Resident raises concerns about safety of upcoming Jeremy roundabouts
- Developer says ‘it’s time’ for a Snyderville Basin retail hub east of U.S. 40
- Deer Valley, searching for parking, tapped garage in Main Street core
- Police investigate man’s death near Park City Cemetery
- Heber resident’s garden sustains an endangered species: the ski bum
- For the Record: Are multi-resort passes like the Epic and Ikon offerings good for skiing?
- Park City ‘roof-alanche’ sends big snow pile onto Main Street sidewalk