Lightning cause of power outage
September 17, 2013
More than 15,000 customers were without power as of 11:41 a.m. on Tuesday as a lightning strike at a plant in Midway was confirmed to be the cause of a power outage. Rocky Mountain Power spokeswoman Margaret Ohler said that all customers had their power restored as of 1:27 p.m. Tuesday.
The transmission interruption affected residents in Park City and the areas around Summit and Wasatch Counties. The following substations lost power: Jordanelle, Snyderville Basin, Park City, Kamas, Mountain Dell and Brighton.
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit County joins discussion about state’s roadless rules petition
- Master plan submitted to Wasatch County for Mayflower property
- Sheriff’s Office allows deputies to grow beards again
- Court report: Kamas man sentenced for unlawful sexual activity with a minor
- Owner of Karaoke Cab sentenced, still maintains innocence
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits
- Summit County inundated with complaints about Kilby Road construction (w/video)
- Punctured gas line in Park City prompts evacuations
- Attendance at Park City Red Bull 400 climbs in 2018 (w/video)