Lightning cause of power outage
September 17, 2013
More than 15,000 customers were without power as of 11:41 a.m. on Tuesday as a lightning strike at a plant in Midway was confirmed to be the cause of a power outage. Rocky Mountain Power spokeswoman Margaret Ohler said that all customers had their power restored as of 1:27 p.m. Tuesday.
The transmission interruption affected residents in Park City and the areas around Summit and Wasatch Counties. The following substations lost power: Jordanelle, Snyderville Basin, Park City, Kamas, Mountain Dell and Brighton.
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit County plans major upgrades for Snyderville Basin roads
- No decision yet on appeals of the hotel project at the former Colby School
- Taxes are not likely collected on all nightly rentals in Summit County
- Mountain Town News: Long-term declines in snowpack, mountain town accessibility and how to be civil on the lift
- Court Report: Summit County’s 3rd District Court heard two possession cases on March 12