March is Red Cross Month
February 17, 2015
During Red Cross Month in March, the American Red Cross reminds eligible blood donors that it doesn’t take a cape or superpowers to be a hero. donating blood, donors can become a hero for patients in need.
Red Cross Month is dedicated to the everyday heroes who support the Red Cross mission by giving blood, volunteering their time, learning lifesaving skills or making a financial contribution.
The need for blood is constant. The Red Cross depends on blood donor heroes in communities across the nation to collect enough blood to meet the needs of patients at approximately 2,600 hospitals nationwide. Donors with all blood types are needed, particularly those with types O negative, A negative and B negative.
To learn more about donating blood and to schedule an appointment, download the Red Cross Blood Donor App, visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
Upcoming blood donation opportunities:
- Park City – Friday, Feb. 20, 12-5 p.m., Montage, 9100 Marsac Avenue
- Heber City – Monday, Feb. 23, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Wasatch Mental Health, 55 South 500 East
- Midway – Tuesday, Feb. 24, 3-8 p.m., Midway Utah Stake Deer Creek Chapel, 1102 S Center Street
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit County firefighters arrive in California to help battle deadly blazes
- Hoytsville incorporation vote ‘not surprising,’ some say
- Summit County Councilor still resistant as county joins roadless rules petition
- Summit County contributes $500,000 toward preservation of Basin farm
- Sheriff’s report: Lost hiker quickly found in eastern Summit County
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- Report shows slowing sales in Park City area as housing costs continue to rise
- Experienced surgeon opens Elevation Plastic Surgery
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- UPDATED: One suspect who led a foot pursuit in Bear Hollow Village arrested