Missing Kamas man found unharmed
July 21, 2015
A missing Kamas man who family members had sought the public’s help in finding has been located unharmed in Salt Lake City.
Utah High Patrol troopers located Cody Lewis, age 24, in Salt Lake City Friday evening. According to Summit County Sheriff’s Office call logs, he was "found to be in good health." UHP located Lewis from his bank activity.
Aubrey Papworth, who has a 1-year-old son with Lewis, said he’s "safe, but has some stuff to work through."
"He’s been through a lot," Papworth said. "Right now he’s experienced something tragic and I’m just trying to be gentle."
As previously reported in The Park Record, Lewis’ grandfather, who had been suffering from cancer, recently passed away.
On a flyer that was distributed last week, it said Lewis "may be in the Salt Lake area." However, Papworth did not know where he had been or who he was with.
Recommended Stories For You
"I’m just relieved he’s back," Papworth said. "He’s in good hands right now."
Papworth contacted The Park Record and local law enforcement officials when Lewis failed to return to their Kamas home following a hike on Tuesday, July 14. Lewis had gone hiking with his two dogs near the Jordanelle Reservoir and hadn’t been seen since.
He was listed on a national crime information base as "missing and endangered." But he has since been removed from the list and the case is now considered closed.
Trending In: Summit County
- Sheriff’s report: Two vehicles burglarized at popular trailhead in the Snyderville Basin
- Owner of Karaoke Cab sentenced, still maintains innocence
- Court report: Francis woman pleads guilty to assault
- Sheriff’s report: Man kicked out of Uber for trying to fight the driver
- Curbside fees for trash collection in Summit County may increase
- Semi-truck leads deputies on chase through Kimball Junction
- PCMR indefinitely closes two upper-elevation bowls after losing lease
- USOC selects Salt Lake City to bid on Winter Olympics
- New Canyons Village condominiums will be under Montage’s Pendry Hotels
- UDOT completes Utah’s largest wildlife crossing at Parleys Summit