Park City driver loses consciousness, hits vehicle head on (video)
December 21, 2017
A Park City driver who lost consciousness on Thursday while on a road in the Kimball Junction area had to be extricated from his vehicle after slamming into a truck head-on.
The driver, a 47-year-old man, was transported in an ambulance to Park City Hospital with non-life threatening injuries after medical crews stabilized him. The other driver, a 37-year-old man from Heber, escaped unharmed without sustaining any injuries.
At around 3:15 p.m., the driver of a white GMC Savana van lost consciousness when he suffered an unknown medical event on Bitner Road. He was traveling at approximately 45 miles per hour, according to Lt. Andrew Wright with the Summit County Sheriff's Office.
The van was traveling east on Bitner Road when he smashed into the driver's side of a black Dodge Ram truck in the opposite lane, causing the airbags to deploy.
Crews from the Park City Fire District were on scene immediately after the accident, which occurred outside of the Fire District's administrative offices. Deputies with the Sheriff's Office, as well as Utah Highway Patrol, also responded.
Bitner Road was closed while crews cleaned up debris that was scattered across the road. Both vehicles sustained significant damage and were likely totaled as a result of the collision.
Trending In: Summit County
- Traffic signs on S.R. 224 part of in-vehicle traffic app development
- Court report: Henefer man sentenced to 10 days in jail for DUI
- Few commuters taking advantage of remote parking lot on Kilby Road
- Government shutdown impacting federal workers in Summit County
- Panelists at TRUCE forum slam state’s medical cannabis law
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Mountain Town News: Why aren’t more people hunting powder?
- ‘Queen of Versailles’ introduces her new documentary ‘Princess of Versailles’
- Park City’s Rebekah Hardman competes at All-Star wrestling meet