Park City High School student dies over the weekend
Sheriff’s Office says cause of death is currently unknown
March 14, 2017
An 18-year-old Park City High School student died over the weekend while at his parent's home in a Snyderville Basin neighborhood, according to the Summit County Sheriff's Office.
At 5:51 p.m. on Sunday, March 12, dispatch received a call about an unconscious male lying face down in a hot tub at his parent's home. Lt. Andrew Wright, with the Sheriff's Office, said the victim's parents knew he was getting in the hot tub and went to check on him after about 30 minutes.
Wright said the investigation is currently ongoing before he added, "There is no reason to believe that there was any foul play, but it is inconclusive pending results from the Medical Examiner's Office.
"We would never speculate, but we literally have nothing to go on to make us believe it was anything other than a medical event," Wright said.
Trending In: Summit County
- Vail Resorts chief in Park City: More work needed on housing, wages
- Resident raises concerns about safety of upcoming Jeremy roundabouts
- Park City hotel teardown starts with brute force, power tools
- For the Record: Are multi-resort passes like the Epic and Ikon offerings good for skiing?
- Park City, jammed, forced into temporary one-way Main Street traffic