Park City to mark Sept. 11 with memorial
September 9, 2016
Area first responders will mark the 15th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks with a memorial ceremony in Park City.
Law enforcement officials with the Park City Police Department and the Summit County Sheriff's Office will join members of the Park City Fire District for a silent procession at 7:30 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 11, at the Holiday Ranch Loop fire station, according to a press release.
The procession will take Park Avenue to City Park, where a short memorial ceremony will be held in front of Miners Hospital. The ceremony is scheduled to start at 8 a.m.
People are encouraged to walk with the procession of first responders or join in anywhere along the route to Miners Hospital.
Trending In: Summit County
- Sheriff’s report: Two vehicles burglarized at popular trailhead in the Snyderville Basin
- Owner of Karaoke Cab sentenced, still maintains innocence
- Court report: Francis woman pleads guilty to assault
- Sheriff’s report: Man kicked out of Uber for trying to fight the driver
- Curbside fees for trash collection in Summit County may increase
- Semi-truck leads deputies on chase through Kimball Junction
- PCMR indefinitely closes two upper-elevation bowls after losing lease
- USOC selects Salt Lake City to bid on Winter Olympics
- New Canyons Village condominiums will be under Montage’s Pendry Hotels
- UDOT completes Utah’s largest wildlife crossing at Parleys Summit