Park City to mark Sept. 11 with memorial
September 9, 2016
Area first responders will mark the 15th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks with a memorial ceremony in Park City.
Law enforcement officials with the Park City Police Department and the Summit County Sheriff's Office will join members of the Park City Fire District for a silent procession at 7:30 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 11, at the Holiday Ranch Loop fire station, according to a press release.
The procession will take Park Avenue to City Park, where a short memorial ceremony will be held in front of Miners Hospital. The ceremony is scheduled to start at 8 a.m.
People are encouraged to walk with the procession of first responders or join in anywhere along the route to Miners Hospital.
Trending In: Summit County
- Park City child hits the slopes with surgeon who saved his life as an infant (w/video)
- Kimball Junction neighborhood plan moves on to the Summit County Council
- Anonymous tip leads officers to large teen party in Glenwild
- Park City man survives deadly Montana avalanche
- Summit County rolls out scooter survey
- Park City finds snowmobilers, vandals cause trouble in Bonanza Flat
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Moose falls through basement window well, into Pinebrook home (w/video)
- Tom Clyde: Parking lot culture
- Utah breweries opposed to bill to allow full-strength beer in grocery stores