Poll location for Jeremy Ranch changes
March 22, 2006
Snyderville Basin voters who show up this year to cast ballots at their normal location at Jeremy Ranch Elementary School may find the doors locked.
Park City School District administrators recently denied a request from Summit County for Jeremy Ranch residents to vote at the school.
"I’ve gotten word from the school," Summit County Clerk Sue Follett said, adding that five other Basin schools have agreed to house polling locations for the June 27 primary election and the general election, Nov. 7.
Roughly 2,000 registered voters in two Jeremy Ranch precincts will likely be required to cast ballots at Ecker Hill Middle School in Pinebrook, Follett said.
"We’ll do our best to try and get the information out," she said, adding that she was told future construction at Jeremy Ranch Elementary School could create problems for voters. "I don’t want citizens in jeopardy."
Meanwhile, the polling location for voters in Silver Creek also changed this year. Instead of the Burns Fire Station on Bitner Road, those residents must cast ballots at Trailside Elementary School, Follett said.
Recommended Stories For You
"The room that used to be used was a big training room and it is now administrative offices," Park City Fire District spokeswoman Tricia Hurd said.
— Patrick Parkinson
Trending In: Summit County
- No decision yet on appeals of the hotel project at the former Colby School
- Local legislators dish on the 2018 session and what’s on the horizon
- Taxes are not likely collected on all nightly rentals in Summit County
- Ballot for November General Election set in Summit County
- Sheriff’s Report: Kimball Junction man arrested after domestic dispute
- Sundance, FIS Worlds overlap dates in Park City in 2019
- UPDATED: Park City killer locked up as judge says victim was left to die
- Guest editorial: A gondola could help mitigate Park City’s traffic problem
- Subway to move to Snow Creek Drive
- Park City killer took ‘whatever’ attitude toward victim’s popularity