Ricci Martin, son of Dean, passes away
August 9, 2016
Ricci Martin, youngest son of Dean Martin, has passed away.
It was reported to the Summit County Sheriff’s Department on Aug. 1 as an unattended death.
He was 62.
Martin's was found at his home in Woodland, according to Variety.
The cause of death is yet to be determined.
In a Park Record interview in 2012, Martin remembered his father's large hands as he played jacks with his family that included brother Dean Paul, sister Gina and half siblings Craig, Claudia and Gail.
Recommended Stories For You
A step-sister, Sasha, would join the family later, and Martin's mother Jeanne would adopt them all.
Martin followed his father into show business and served as the photographer in his father's TV variety show, as detailed in his 2000 memoir "That's Amore: A Son Remembers Dean Martin."
In 1977, Martin released the album "Bleached," which was produced by his soon-to-be brother-in-law Carl Wilson of Beach Boys fame.
When Wilson passed away in 1998, Martin joined the band Dino, which was produced by Wilson, and originally formed in the 1960s by his brother Dean Paul, Desi Arnaz Jr. and Billy Hinsche.
After a few performances, Arnaz decided not to tour, so Martin built a tribute show of his father's music.
He performed that concert throughout the country, including a two-night stand at the Egyptian Theatre in Feb. 2012.
Martin is survived by his three daughters, Pepper, Montana and Rio, his mother Jeanne Martin, his older brother Craig, and sisters Gina, Gail, Deena and Sasha.
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit County joins discussion about state’s roadless rules petition
- Master plan submitted to Wasatch County for Mayflower property
- Sheriff’s Office allows deputies to grow beards again
- Owner of Karaoke Cab sentenced, still maintains innocence
- Court report: Kamas man sentenced for unlawful sexual activity with a minor
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits
- Summit County inundated with complaints about Kilby Road construction (w/video)
- Punctured gas line in Park City prompts evacuations
- Attendance at Park City Red Bull 400 climbs in 2018 (w/video)