Salt Lake City man injured in accident on Mirror Lake Highway
Alcohol suspected to be a factor in the crash
August 22, 2017
A 23-year-old man from Salt Lake City was injured in a one-vehicle crash on the Mirror Lake Highway (State Road 150) on Friday, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
At 6:33 p.m., a 2004 Oldsmobile Alero was traveling west on the Mirror Lake Highway just east of South Summit High School when he reportedly veered off the road and hit a tree, Sgt. Jed Jorgenson said.
The man was transported to the University of Utah Hospital in a medical helicopter with a suspected broken femur. He was wearing a seatbelt and air bags were deployed.
He was cited for driving under the influence of alcohol and failure to operate within his lane.
Trending In: Summit County
- Few commuters taking advantage of remote parking lot on Kilby Road
- Government shutdown impacting federal workers in Summit County
- Traffic signs on S.R. 224 part of in-vehicle traffic app development
- Court report: Henefer man sentenced to 10 days in jail for DUI
- Sheriff’s report: Heber City man shows up to court on Sunday intoxicated
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Mountain Town News: Why aren’t more people hunting powder?
- Record editorial: Take a breath before Sundance, World Championships collide