SAR deployed twice over weekend
December 23, 2014
Summit County’s Search and Rescue team rescued a North Summit teen in Hoytsville Friday when he failed to return home, according to the Summit County Sheriff’s Department’s daily report.
The teen reportedly wrecked and then tipped over his ATV. He was reported missing by his grandfather when he hadn’t returned home for more than four hours, the report stated.
"We deployed search-and-rescue because of his age," Sergeant Ron Bridge said. "So we did a quick response and we found him."
The teen was returned safely and did not suffer any injuries, Bridge said.
The SAR team was also deployed on Sunday at approximately 3 p.m. for a medical assist in Weber Canyon, about five miles from 1000 Peaks gate.
The U.S. Forest Service and the search-and-rescue team assisted South Summit Ambulance in transporting an injured adult snowmobiler.
Recommended Stories For You
"We basically just assisted medical with getting them to the scene," Summit County Sheriff’s Department Search and Rescue liaison Alan Siddoway said.
Medical helicopters were unable to respond due to weather conditions and extreme wind.
"Both situations were resolved fairly quickly and each had a great resolution for us," Siddoway said.
The most recent rescue SAR had was in October, when it assisted Wasatch County in safely locating an overdue hunter.
Trending In: Summit County
- Park City family soliciting donations to help animals in California wildfires
- Vehicles burglarized at Snyderville Basin trailhead near Utah Olympic Park
- Summit County opens park-and-ride lot across from Ecker Hill Middle School
- Sheriff’s report: Furniture and appliances stolen from Airbnb
- Summit County Councilor still resistant as county joins roadless rules petition
- Park City Mountain ski resort still on schedule to open Nov. 21
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- Attorney for 17-year-old accused of procuring illegal drugs seeks motion to suppress evidence
- Park City Mountain’s ski patrol union negotiates with Vail Resorts for new contract
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space