Saturday’s the day to get rid of hazardous stuff around the house
October 9, 2015
Recycle Utah and Park City Sunrise Rotary Club are staging a Free Household Hazardous Waste drop-off day for Summit County residents. The event take place today, (Oct. 10) from 9 a.m. to noon in the Canyons’ cabriolet parking lot just west of S.R. 224.
All residential household hazardous waste will be accepted, including: pharmaceuticals; paints, varnishes, solvents; automotive fluids such as motor oil and antifreeze; car batteries and gasoline; household cleaners and bleach; fertilizers and pesticides; rechargeable batteries; pool and spa chemicals; propane and gas fuel cylinders; compact fluorescent bulbs (CFLs); electronic waste; and mercury-containing items such as thermometers and smoke detectors.
Snowsport equipment will not be accepted.
Mattresses can be dropped off for a small fee, thanks to Spring Back Mattress. The cost $10 for a set (mattress and box spring) and $5 for each additional piece.
There will be no drop-off for business/commercial hazardous waste at this event.
The event will help to keep hazardous materials out of the landfill, thereby protecting our local watershed.
Recommended Stories For You
"When these hazardous items enter the landfill, the leachate might seep into the groundwater and contaminate our lakes, rivers and streams," said Riepen. "Not only does it affect the population of Summit County in our culinary waters, but the fish, birds and other wildlife are dangerously exposed to toxic contaminants."
This event is a collaboration between Recycle Utah and Park City Sunrise Rotary Club, with support and backing from Park City Municipal Corporation, The Snyderville Basin Water Reclamation District (SBWRD) and Summit County, with special thanks to the Park City Fire District.
For more information contact Recycle Utah, your nonprofit community drop-off recycling center, at (435)649-9698, visit http://www.recycleutah.org, or follow Park City Sunrise Rotary at facebook.com/pcsunriserotary.
Save Our Streams: Free Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event at Canyons’ Cabriolet parking lot on the west side of S.R. 224, Sat., Oct. 10, 9 a.m.- noon
Trending In: Summit County
- Sheriff’s report: Two vehicles burglarized at popular trailhead in the Snyderville Basin
- Court report: Francis woman pleads guilty to assault
- Owner of Karaoke Cab sentenced, still maintains innocence
- Curbside fees for trash collection in Summit County may increase
- Sheriff’s report: Man kicked out of Uber for trying to fight the driver
- PCMR indefinitely closes two upper-elevation bowls after losing lease
- Semi-truck leads deputies on chase through Kimball Junction
- USOC selects Salt Lake City to bid on Winter Olympics
- UDOT completes Utah’s largest wildlife crossing at Parleys Summit
- New Canyons Village condominiums will be under Montage’s Pendry Hotels