Sen. Van Tassell to seek re-election
January 15, 2014
Utah Sen. Kevin Van Tassell (R-Vernal) who serves the 26th District of Daggett, Duchesne, Summit, Uintah and Wasatch Counties, told The Park Record that he will seek re-election this November.
Van Tassell, a former manager of Zion’s Bank in Vernal, has been serving the State Legislature since 2007. He said there are still key issues he wants to continue to work on should he be elected to another term.
"I’m in the middle of some transportation issues, [setting up] structuring and funding for the future," Van Tassell said. "I feel I need to finish that up before I leave."
Also citing his desire to strengthen economic development throughout the state and the 26th District, Van Tassell said he wants to continue to balance growth with transportation issues in the coming years.
Sen. Van Tassell encouraged citizens to contact him regarding any issues to address in the State Legislature’s upcoming legislative session, beginning Jan. 27. He said the best contact number is his cell phone, 435-790-0675. He can also be reached at his work number, 435-789-7082 and by e-mail at email@example.com.
Trending In: Summit County
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Summit County inundated with complaints about Kilby Road construction (w/video)
- Park City police say medical marijuana found on trail
- Guest editorial: Frustration about rising taxes in Park City is building
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits