December 24, 2013
Between Wednesday, Dec. 18, and Friday, Dec. 20, the Summit County Sheriff’s Office responded to calls including the following:
A cab driver in the Snyderville Basin reported that an individual who was intoxicated and disorderly had threatened to beat up the driver and forced him out of the vehicle in an attempt to steal it. The man was arrested on several charges.
During a traffic stop on a vehicle at Kimball Junction, a records check showed the driver had a suspended driver license for an alcohol offense and was required to have an ignition interlock device installed, which was not present in the vehicle.
A Kimball Junction business reported that an individual was in the store and was angry and disorderly. Officers tracked down the man and it was determined he had an active warrant for his arrest. He was not allowed to return to the business.
An individual in South Summit reported he heard several gun shots behind his residence and had seen several males in camouflage. The individual who owns the property the men were on was contacted, and it was determined the men did not have permission to be on the property.
A woman in the Basin reported that several packages had been stolen from her porch over the last several weeks. There were no suspects at the time of the report.
Recommended Stories For You
Two juveniles who had outstanding pick-up orders by authorities were found to be hiding in a hotel room in Wasatch County. The boys were taken into custody and booked into juvenile detention. Authorities also searched the South Summit area previously, where it was thought the boys were located, and an individual at the residence was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia.
An individual in the Basin reported that he was threatened with a firearm by a contractor with whom he works. The pistol was brandished during a minor traffic conflict involving the two individuals. The man did not wish to pursue any charges.
Trending In: Summit County
- Potential development now in Coalville City’s hands
- Sheriff’s Report: Four vehicles burglarized on separate occasions
- No timeline for completion of South Summit Facilities Building
- Court Report: Summit County’s 3rd District Court heard two possession cases on March 12
- Summit County plans major upgrades for Snyderville Basin roads
- Park City police find skiers outside skiable terrain at PCMR
- Bistro 412 on Main Street to close
- UPDATED: Park City Institute concert series will no longer be held at Deer Valley
- Park City students prep to put on ‘March For Our Lives’
- Park City students demand change as hundreds ‘March For Our Lives’ (w/video)