Sheriff’s Report: |

Sheriff’s Report:

July 19-21, 2017

Deputies with the Summit County Sheriff's Office arrested a burglary suspect in South Summit after recognizing him while he was driving.

Wednesday, July 12, deputies recognized the suspect as he was observed leaving a South Summit gas station. Deputies stopped his vehicle and immediately noticed drug paraphernalia in plain view. They also found three fire arms and stolen property.

Tyler Robertson was arrested on preliminary charges of possession of a drug presumed to be methamphetamine, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, theft, possession of stolen property, driving on a suspension, no proof of insurance, no driver's license, failure to remove license plates/transfer ownership, minor in possession of alcohol, an open container and three counts of possession of a firearm by a restricted person.

According to the Sheriff's Office, deputies responded to several other calls between Monday, July 10, and Sunday, July 17, including three stolen phones and three stolen bikes.

Saturday, July 15

A man reportedly lost his Samsung Galaxy S8 while fishing at Echo Reservoir.

Recommended Stories For You

A Basin woman contacted dispatch because a sign she made asking drivers to slow down had been removed and tossed in the roadway. Deputies noticed several similar signs had been spray painted in front of her home on wooden blocks and a utility pole. Rocky Mountain Power was contacted, but did not want to pursue charges against her for vandalizing the utility pole.

Deputies responded to a domestic violence incident between a man and a woman at an apartment in the Kimball Junction area. The woman was arrested and preliminarily charged with domestic violence assault, criminal mischief and disorderly conduct.

An iPhone 5e and several bags of merchandise were stolen from an unlocked vehicle while it was parked in the Kimball Junction area.

Someone attempted to break into a house in a Snyderville Basin neighborhood. The homeowner contacted dispatch after realizing a window in her living room had been broken. Nothing was reported missing.

A black Cannondale mountain bike, with an estimated value of $2,000, was stolen from the bike rack on a woman's car while it was parked at a Kimball Junction apartment complex.

A Basin woman reported a bicycle had been leaning against her fence for nearly a week. The bike is a small frame black and blue Trek 4900 Alpha. It was not listed as stolen and was booked into evidence.

An iPhone 5 was reportedly stolen from a woman's restroom in the Kimball Junction area.

Friday, July l4

A woman misplaced her wallet while she was at a business in the Kimball Junction area.

An employee at a business in the Kimball Junction area contacted dispatch after a man reportedly took several food items without paying. He was seen entering a white passenger vehicle.

An out-of-state license plate was stolen from a vehicle while it was parked in the Kimball Junction area.

Someone pumped $20 worth of gas into a white SUV at a North Summit gas station and left without paying. The suspect drove off with the fuel nozzle still attached to their vehicle.

A license plate and stereo were stolen from a vehicle while it was parked near State Road 224 because of a flat tire.

Gang graffiti was spray painted on a business in the Kimball Junction area.

Thursday, July 13

A religious center in the Basin contacted dispatch after an employee received a suspicious phone call. The caller asked to have texts translated, but reportedly became upset when no one was available. A welfare check was performed at the caller's address in Kaysville, but deputies were unable to contact him.

A five-gallon fuel canister and compressed air tank were taken from a Basin man's garage. The two tanks were located on a truck impounded in the Salt Lake area.

Wednesday, July 12

A 2013 Specialized stumpjumper, described as black with red pedals and grips, carbon fiber front wheel with fat tire, and a rear conventional tire with red spokes, was stolen from a location in the Basin. An investigation is ongoing.

Tuesday, July 11

A Basin woman contacted dispatch to report a potential domestic violence incident between another woman and a man. However, the other woman was uncooperative with deputies and determined that no crime had occurred. No arrests were made.

Deputies responded to a report that an intoxicated man who had been involved in a domestic violence incident with a woman was driving. However, he returned home before deputies arrived. They did not find any evidence support a domestic violence incident or to arrest him for driving under the influence.

A North Summit woman reported being abused by a family member. An investigation was conducted and the county attorney’s office was consulted on the charges. The suspect arrested on preliminary charges of abuse of a vulnerable adult.

A woman who was arrested for intoxication over the weekend also reported being involved in a domestic violence incident. The county attorney's office will screen the case for potential charges. 

Monday, July 10

A North Summit man reported his truck had been stolen the week before. Law enforcement officials also had asked Summit County deputies to question him regarding a hit-and-run accident. An investigation is underway.

A South Summit woman contacted dispatch after two of her vehicles were broken into while parked in front of her home. The case is under investigation.

Deputies stopped a vehicle on a Basin road for revoked registration. They discovered the passenger had several outstanding warrants and found drug paraphernalia. He was arrested for the warrants and on preliminary charges of possession of marijuana and paraphernalia. The juvenile driver and a juvenile passenger were released to an adult.

A former employee of a business in the Kimball Junction area reportedly accrued several thousand dollars worth of fraudulent charges on company issued credit cards. An investigation is ongoing.

The Salt Lake City Police Department requested a welfare check on a potentially suicidal South Summit woman after she missed her doctor's appointment. Deputies were unable to locate the woman.