March 26, 2013
According to the Sheriff’s Office, a South Summit man reported on Monday, March 25, that he had discovered a check from his account that he did not write. He said his credit union told him a male called claiming to be the South Summit man and asked for a check to be made out in the caller’s name. The victim said the suspect admitted to him through text messages that he had taken the money.
On Thursday, March 21, a Basin woman reported she saw someone look into her bedroom window shortly after midnight. She searched the area but was unable to locate anyone. She requested extra patrol in the area.
A Kimball Junction resident reported a strong smell of marijuana in an apartment hallway. A deputy located the source and obtained a small amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia from an occupant. No charges were filed as of Friday.
Search and Rescue was deployed to the Uintas to locate an overdue party. The subject was located in good health by a Department of Public Safety helicopter.
The adult daughter of a South Summit resident refused to leave a residence. The complainant told deputies the daughter is a chronic alcoholic and had been drinking. The deputies conducted a warrants search and discovered the daughter had a warrant.
A Basin woman reported a physical altercation with her husband. He left before deputies arrived and was located hiding in a field. The individual determined to be the aggressor was arrested by deputies and booked into the Summit County Jail for assault.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Summit County
- Sheriff’s report: Furniture and appliances stolen from Airbnb
- Park City family soliciting donations to help animals in California wildfires
- Summit County Councilor still resistant as county joins roadless rules petition
- Hoytsville incorporation vote ‘not surprising,’ some say
- Court Report: May 13-16, 2017
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- UPDATED: USOC visits Park City, Salt Lake City as bid race narrows
- Attorney for 17-year-old accused of procuring illegal drugs seeks motion to suppress evidence