Sheriff’s Report, Aug. 17-19, 2016
August 16, 2016
The Summit County Sheriff's Office is currently investigating a suspicious fire that occurred last week at the Redstone Theater in Kimball Junction.
At around 7:13 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug, 10, law enforcement officials and crews with the Park City Fire Department responded to a report of a fire at the Redstone 8 Cinemas. According to the Sheriff's Office, someone disabled a smoke alarm before placing a paper bag on fire in the hallway of one of the theaters.
The incident is currently being investigated for arson. Detective Kacey Bates said no similar incidents have been reported in the area.
According to the Summit County Sheriff's Office, deputies responded to numerous calls between Wednesday, Aug. 10, and Saturday, Aug. 13, including a head-on collision involving a motorcyclist.
Saturday, Aug. 13
Deputies responded to a potential domestic violence situation between a man and a woman at a hotel in the Basin. The man was arrested on preliminary charges of domestic violence and interruption of a communication device.
Recommended Stories For You
Deputies arrested a woman for several outstanding warrants at her home in the Basin.
A 71-year-old Summit County woman was found deceased at her home near Kimball Junction. An investigation is ongoing.
Friday, Aug. 12
Deputies responded to a South Summit home after the property owners reported several items missing. An investigation is ongoing.
Thursday, Aug. 11
No significant incidents were reported.
Wednesday, Aug. 10
When deputies approached a vehicle in the parking lot of a business in the Kimball Junction area for playing loud music and having a dog off leash, they arrested one man for possession of marijuana and paraphernalia. Another man was cited for possession of paraphernalia and then released.
An employee at a store in Tanger Outlet contacted dispatch after a woman's credit card was declined.
A motorcyclist suffered minor injuries to his hands and legs after he was thrown nearly 35 feet when a car turned in front of him on a Basin road. The driver of the other vehicle was cited for making an improper left turn.
Trending In: Summit County
- Sheriff’s report: Furniture and appliances stolen from Airbnb
- Hoytsville incorporation vote ‘not surprising,’ some say
- Summit County Councilor still resistant as county joins roadless rules petition
- Summit County firefighters arrive in California to help battle deadly blazes
- Park City family soliciting donations to help animals in California wildfires
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- UPDATED: USOC visits Park City, Salt Lake City as bid race narrows
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space