Sheriff’s Report, Dec. 31-Jan. 2, 2015 |

Sheriff’s Report, Dec. 31-Jan. 2, 2015

Summit County Sheriff’s Deputies responded to numerous calls between Monday, Dec. 22 and Sunday, Dec. 28, including the following:

Sunday, Dec. 28

A woman was found deceased in her bed at her residence in South Summit. It is believed she died of natural causes.

Deputies stopped a suspicious vehicle in North Summit and a passenger was arrested for a warrant.

During a traffic stop on State Road 224, a driver was found to be impaired and he was arrested for a DUI.

Saturday, Dec. 27

Recommended Stories For You

Deputies ran a license plate for a vehicle traveling on S.R. 224 and discovered the registered owner had a $1,000 warrant out for his arrest. The driver was arrested for the warrant and booked into the Summit County Jail.

Deputies responded to the South Snyderville Basin on reports of an intoxicated man. The man was unable to provide information as to where he was staying and was arrested for intoxication.

Friday, Dec. 26

A North Summit resident reported an unknown suspect cut the spark plug wires on his son’s vehicle for the third time.

Thursday, Dec. 25

Deputies responded to a report of a domestic violence dispute at a residence in the South Snyderville Basin, where a man was taken into custody and arrested at gunpoint. A search of the home revealed numerous firearms, as well as marijuana and paraphernalia.

Wednesday, Dec. 24 Deputies served a protective order at the Sheriff’s Department.

A traffic stop was made on a vehicle for an improper left turn on S.R. 224. The driver, who admitted to possession of marijuana and paraphernalia, was cited and released.

Following a traffic stop for speeding on State Road 32, the driver was found to have a $623 warrant out of Wasatch County. He was arrested and taken into custody by a Wasatch County deputy.

Tuesday, Dec. 23

Deputies were dispatched to the Jeremy Ranch area after a man reported his checkbook had been stolen.

A 16-year-old teen was driving toward Evanston when she lost control of her vehicle and struck a power pole. She was transported to the Uinta County Hospital with head, neck, and back injuries. She was not cited and the three other occupants in the car were not injured.