Sheriff’s Report: Feb. 7-9, 2017
February 7, 2017
According to the Sheriff's Office, deputies responded to numerous calls between Sunday, Jan. 29, and Sunday, Feb. 5, including a theft at a business in the Basin.
Sunday, Feb. 5
A woman contacted dispatch after her boyfriend allegedly removed the bed covers from her and took her phone. Deputies responded to the South Summit home, but determined no crime had occurred. They agreed to separate for the night.
Deputies responded to an incident at an apartment complex in the Snyderville Basin and asked a women to never return to the residence.
Saturday, Feb. 4
Deputies stopped a vehicle on State Road 32 for a front headlight violation and arrested the driver for an outstanding warrant. She was transported to Heber City and booked into the Wasatch County Jail.
Deputies stopped a vehicle on State Road 224 for a traffic violation and arrested the driver on preliminary charges of possession of drugs and failure to install an interlock ignition device.
Recommended Stories For You
Friday, Feb. 3
Dispatch received a report that a man dressed in his underwear was jumping in front of cars and running through the snow. Deputies contacted the man's mother to pick him up, but he was arrested and preliminarily charged with intoxication.
A woman contacted dispatch after receiving a harassing phone call. Deputies later arrested a man on preliminary charges of harassment.
Thursday, Feb. 2
A 79-year-old woman was found unresponsive in her home in the Basin. Her death was not considered suspicious.
Dispatch received a report about an argument that occurred on the phone between two individuals.
Wednesday, Feb. 1
A Basin man contacted dispatch after his dog went missing from his home. An investigation is ongoing.
Tuesday, Jan. 31
Deputies stopped a vehicle traveling east on Interstate 80 for multiple lane violations and cited the passenger for possession of marijuana.
Monday, Jan. 30
Deputies stopped a man walking on Interstate 80 and arrested him for an outstanding warrant.
Ski equipment was reportedly stolen from a hotel in the Basin. An investigation is ongoing.
An employee at a business in the Basin contacted dispatch after a customer reportedly hit him with his vehicle. Deputies later located the suspect near his home in Park City. He was arrested and preliminarily charged with driving on a revoked license and obstruction of justice.
Sunday, Jan. 29
Someone stole an undisclosed amount of money from a business in a Basin neighborhood. An investigation is ongoing.
Deputies responded to a potential domestic violence situation between two men at a home in the Basin, but later determined no crime had occurred. The parties agreed to separate for the night.
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit County firefighters arrive in California to help battle deadly blazes
- Hoytsville incorporation vote ‘not surprising,’ some say
- Summit County Councilor still resistant as county joins roadless rules petition
- Summit County contributes $500,000 toward preservation of Basin farm
- Park City veterans honored by the University of Utah for their service
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- Report shows slowing sales in Park City area as housing costs continue to rise
- Experienced surgeon opens Elevation Plastic Surgery
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- UPDATED: One suspect who led a foot pursuit in Bear Hollow Village arrested