Sheriff’s report: Intoxicated minor enters vehicle that isn’t his
November 29, 2018
According to the Summit County Sheriff's Office, law enforcement responded to several calls between Monday, Nov. 19, and Sunday, Nov. 25, including a case of an intoxicated minor entering a vehicle that did not belong to him and refusing to exit.
Sunday, Nov. 25
A vehicle was stopped in South Summit for a traffic violation and deputies found marijuana. The driver was cited for possession of marijuana and released.
A $500 bike was taken from a garage in Oakley. An investigation was underway.
Saturday, Nov. 24
A shopping bag was left at a store in the Tanger Outlets. When the owner returned to get the bag, it was missing. An investigation was underway.
Friday, Nov. 23
When deputies stopped a vehicle in Kimball Junction for a traffic violation, they detected the smell of marijuana. The passenger admitted he had a bag in his coat containing marijuana. The passenger was cited for possession of marijuana and released.
Deputies performed nearly 40 traffic stops.
Recommended Stories For You
Thursday, Nov. 22
Deputies performed nearly 20 traffic stops and responded to one report of a vehicle leaving the road.
Wednesday, Nov. 21
A man who left a party in the Basin after allegedly smoking marijuana and drinking alcohol walked to a nearby gas station and climbed into a vehicle that wasn't his. He refused to exit and was arrested under suspicion of disorderly conduct, intoxication, possession of marijuana, possession of tobacco by a minor and minor in consumption.
Deputies responded to two non-injury accidents and conducted 10 traffic stops during the morning.
Tuesday, Nov. 20
Deputies responded to a citizen assist at a home in the Kimball Junction area and discovered a woman involved in the dispute had an outstanding warrant. The woman was taken into custody and deputies found a drug suspected to be heroin in her possession. She was arrested under suspicion of possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and unlawful possession of someone else's identification.
Deputies responded to a single-vehicle accident on a road in the Basin. The driver lost control of the vehicle and rolled it several times, sustaining some injuries. The driver was transported to a hospital in the Salt Lake City area.
Monday, Nov. 19
The manager of a business in Kimball Junction contacted dispatch to file a report about an employee who had stolen cash and grocery items from the store. The suspect, who was being detained, admitted stealing the money and about $400 worth of groceries over the last two months. The person was fired, banned from the property and issued a citation for theft.
Trending In: Summit County
- Sheriff’s report: Two vehicles burglarized at popular trailhead in the Snyderville Basin
- Court report: Francis woman pleads guilty to assault
- Summit County library follows trend of waiving fines for overdue items
- Sheriff’s report: Man kicked out of Uber for trying to fight the driver
- Curbside fees for trash collection in Summit County may increase
- PCMR indefinitely closes two upper-elevation bowls after losing lease
- UPDATED: Park Record Building evacuated Thursday after bomb threat hoax
- USOC selects Salt Lake City to bid on Winter Olympics
- Park City awaits a Friday decision on fate of Olympic bid
- Park City police blotter: report received of ski collision from January