Sheriff’s Report, March 11-13, 2015
March 10, 2015
According to the Summit County Sheriff’s Office daily call logs, deputies responded to numerous calls between Monday, March 2 and Saturday, March 7, including the following:
Saturday, March 7
Dispatch received a call about a possible drunk driver on State Road 224. Once the vehicle was located and stopped, deputies detected the smell of alcohol on the driver. She was arrested for driving under the influence, open container, possession of paraphernalia, and possession of marijuana.
Friday, March 6 Following a traffic stop for expired registration on S.R. 224, the driver provided user amounts of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and was released on citation.
A man went to file his taxes with a local tax preparer in the South Snyderville Basin who informed him someone else had filed taxes under his Social Security number.
Wednesday, March 4
Recommended Stories For You
A 15-year-old reported to dispatch that after getting off the school bus at a residence near Kimball Junction, two of his friends assaulted him. The Park City High School resource officer was notified and an investigation is ongoing.
Dispatch was notified by the Unified Police Department that a stolen firearm from a 2011 Summit County case was located in their evidence. This case will be referred for investigation.
Tuesday, March 3
While traveling westbound on Interstate 80, a vehicle was observed traveling eastbound in the westbound lanes. The vehicle’s passenger tires were flat and the vehicle was driving on the rims. The vehicle was stopped and contact was made with the driver. An open container was found in the vehicle and an odor of alcohol was detected. He was arrested for driving under the influence.
Deputies responded to a noise disturbance at a hotel near Kimball Junction. After deputies were invited into the room of the accused, marijuana and drug paraphernalia was sighted in plain view. Deputies issued a man a criminal citation for possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Monday, March 2
Deputies stopped a vehicle in Kimball Junction for failure to signal and no license plate. Upon contact with the driver, deputies detected an odor of raw marijuana. A probable cause search revealed each occupant was in possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Deputies also arrested several suspects staying inside an RV parked in a retail store parking lot connected with the occupants of the vehicle.
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit County joins discussion about state’s roadless rules petition
- Owner of Karaoke Cab sentenced, still maintains innocence
- Court Report: Kamas man pleads guilty to unlawful sexual activity with a minor
- Sheriff’s report: Deputies respond to five suspected cases of domestic violence
- Master plan submitted to Wasatch County for Mayflower property
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County