Snowmobiler airlifted after accident
March 1, 2013
A 64-year-old man from California was airlifted to a Wasatch Front hospital after sustaining injuries in a snowmobile accident.
The accident occurred in the Thousand Peaks area of Weber Canyon around noon on Thursday.
Summit County Sheriff’s Office deputies, a helicopter and Thousand Peak Adventures personnel responded to the scene.
"The people from Thousand Peaks Adventures started the ball rolling, and by the time deputies and the helicopter arrived on scene it had evolved rapidly and he was airlifted out," Summit County Sheriff’s Office Capt. Justin Martinez.
The snowmobiler sustained knee, elbow and wrist injuries and was in stable condition, as of Thursday afternoon.
Trending In: Summit County
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Park City child hits the slopes with surgeon who saved his life as an infant (w/video)