Snowmobiler airlifted after accident
March 1, 2013
A 64-year-old man from California was airlifted to a Wasatch Front hospital after sustaining injuries in a snowmobile accident.
The accident occurred in the Thousand Peaks area of Weber Canyon around noon on Thursday.
Summit County Sheriff’s Office deputies, a helicopter and Thousand Peak Adventures personnel responded to the scene.
"The people from Thousand Peaks Adventures started the ball rolling, and by the time deputies and the helicopter arrived on scene it had evolved rapidly and he was airlifted out," Summit County Sheriff’s Office Capt. Justin Martinez.
The snowmobiler sustained knee, elbow and wrist injuries and was in stable condition, as of Thursday afternoon.
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit County joins discussion about state’s roadless rules petition
- Master plan submitted to Wasatch County for Mayflower property
- Owner of Karaoke Cab sentenced, still maintains innocence
- Court Report: Kamas man pleads guilty to unlawful sexual activity with a minor
- Court report: Kamas man sentenced for unlawful sexual activity with a minor
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork