Summit and Wasatch Counties respond to snowmobile accident in the Uintas
One person transported via medical helicopter to an area hospital
February 20, 2017
Summit and Wasatch Counties' Search and Rescue teams responded to a snowmobile accident on Monday afternoon in the Uinta Mountains, according to the Wasatch County Sheriff's Office.
The Wasatch County Sheriff's Office reported that one patient was transported to an area hospital by a LifeFlight helicopter. No information about the victim was available at the time.
At around 12:20 p.m., the Wasatch County dispatch center received a report about a snowmobile crash near Mill Hollow Reservoir, according to the Wasatch County Sheriff's Office Facebook page. Mill Hollow Reservoir is located in Wasatch County about 24 miles from Heber City, according to the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources.
"The cell service was poor, but the dispatcher receiving the call understood emergency medical assistance was needed," the report stated.
Wasatch and Summit Counties' Search and Rescue teams responded to help escort medical personnel into the remote area, the Sheriff's Office stated. Utah State Parks is currently investigating the accident.
– Angelique McNaughton
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit County firefighters arrive in California to help battle deadly blazes
- Hoytsville incorporation vote ‘not surprising,’ some say
- Summit County Councilor still resistant as county joins roadless rules petition
- Sheriff’s report: Furniture and appliances stolen from Airbnb
- Summit County contributes $500,000 toward preservation of Basin farm
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- Report shows slowing sales in Park City area as housing costs continue to rise
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- Experienced surgeon opens Elevation Plastic Surgery
- UPDATED: One suspect who led a foot pursuit in Bear Hollow Village arrested