Summit County launches recycling informational site
Website includes information about household recycling
February 3, 2017
This week, Summit County launched a new website dedicated to the county's recycling services.
"There is still plenty of confusion about what can be recycled and what can't be and where it should go," said Roger Armstrong, Summit County Council member. "This website should hopefully make things much clearer."
The website includes informational videos about household recycling and the items that are accepted in the bins for curbside pickup. Some of the items excluded through collections services include glass, small appliances, plastic bags and styrofoam, among others.
"We discovered a good way to communicate the information is to break it down in the easiest way possible for the public to understand," Julie Booth, Summit County's public information officer, said in a release. "For instance, the receiving center for the county's recycled materials list aseptic packaging as acceptable for the curbside bin, but residents may not know what that means. The new site educates the public with interactive visuals and content."
Booth said the website will be regularly updated to address any changes regarding items that are acceptable for household recycling.
To view the website, go to http://recycle.summitcounty.org/.
Trending In: Summit County
- Traffic signs on S.R. 224 part of in-vehicle traffic app development
- Court report: Henefer man sentenced to 10 days in jail for DUI
- Panelists at TRUCE forum slam state’s medical cannabis law
- Government shutdown impacting federal workers in Summit County
- Senator looks to bring work requirements back to Medicaid expansion
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Mountain Town News: Why aren’t more people hunting powder?
- ‘Queen of Versailles’ introduces her new documentary ‘Princess of Versailles’
- Park City’s Rebekah Hardman competes at All-Star wrestling meet