Summit County launches recycling informational site
Website includes information about household recycling
February 3, 2017
This week, Summit County launched a new website dedicated to the county's recycling services.
"There is still plenty of confusion about what can be recycled and what can't be and where it should go," said Roger Armstrong, Summit County Council member. "This website should hopefully make things much clearer."
The website includes informational videos about household recycling and the items that are accepted in the bins for curbside pickup. Some of the items excluded through collections services include glass, small appliances, plastic bags and styrofoam, among others.
"We discovered a good way to communicate the information is to break it down in the easiest way possible for the public to understand," Julie Booth, Summit County's public information officer, said in a release. "For instance, the receiving center for the county's recycled materials list aseptic packaging as acceptable for the curbside bin, but residents may not know what that means. The new site educates the public with interactive visuals and content."
Booth said the website will be regularly updated to address any changes regarding items that are acceptable for household recycling.
To view the website, go to http://recycle.summitcounty.org/.
Trending In: Summit County
- Resident raises concerns about safety of upcoming Jeremy roundabouts
- Police arrest Kamas man for allegedly threatening to shoot roommate’s boyfriend
- Sheriff’s report: Intoxicated man causes a disturbance on bus
- Osguthorpe Farm deal hinges on additional $375,000
- Summit Park homeowners take lead in fire mitigation
- Deer Valley, searching for parking, tapped garage in Main Street core
- For the Record: Are multi-resort passes like the Epic and Ikon offerings good for skiing?
- Police investigate man’s death near Park City Cemetery
- Park City, jammed, forced into temporary one-way Main Street traffic
- Heber resident’s garden sustains an endangered species: the ski bum