Summit County to host open house on new fairgrounds
September 27, 2016
Summit County will host an open house to present the Fairgrounds Master Plan to the public before it goes to the County Council for recommendation. The meeting will start at 6 p.m. at the Quonset Hut at the Summit County Fairgrounds, in Coalville.
The county purchased nearly 12 acres of land adjacent to the current fairgrounds to expand the property. The county closed on the purchase in July. Summit County officials have previously told The Park Record that the fair could be temporarily moved next year while the fairgrounds are under construction.
For more information about the options for the new fairgrounds, go to https://www.summitcounty.org/802/Summit-County-Fairgrounds-Master-Plan.
Trending In: Summit County
- Opponents, supporters of Prop 2 press on in wake of medical marijuana compromise
- Sheriff’s report: I-80 pursuit ends in arrest of man from Sandy
- Sentencing of Park City man who hosted underage party delayed
- EPA awards $120,000 grant to replace fireplaces in Summit County
- Summit County starts early discussion about spring roundabout project
- Park City visitor arrested after confrontation with teens dressed as zombies on Main Street
- Amid influx of nightly rentals, Park City grapples with a changing community
- Tom Clyde: No question which vote on Treasure is the right one for Park City
- One year after a debilitating accident, triathlete Sebastian Ziesler race Utah’s Toughest Triathlon
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley