Summit County to host open house on new fairgrounds
September 27, 2016
Summit County will host an open house to present the Fairgrounds Master Plan to the public before it goes to the County Council for recommendation. The meeting will start at 6 p.m. at the Quonset Hut at the Summit County Fairgrounds, in Coalville.
The county purchased nearly 12 acres of land adjacent to the current fairgrounds to expand the property. The county closed on the purchase in July. Summit County officials have previously told The Park Record that the fair could be temporarily moved next year while the fairgrounds are under construction.
For more information about the options for the new fairgrounds, go to https://www.summitcounty.org/802/Summit-County-Fairgrounds-Master-Plan.
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit County library follows trend of waiving fines for overdue items
- Summit County officials have captive audience with state representatives
- Sheriff’s report: Two vehicles burglarized at popular trailhead in the Snyderville Basin
- Court report: Francis woman pleads guilty to assault
- Sheriff’s report: Man kicked out of Uber for trying to fight the driver
- Park City awaits a Friday decision on fate of Olympic bid
- UPDATED: Park Record Building evacuated Thursday after bomb threat hoax
- PCMR indefinitely closes two upper-elevation bowls after losing lease
- Winter Olympics: Park City, Salt Lake City seen as 2026 contingency
- USOC selects Salt Lake City to bid on Winter Olympics