Summit County woman drowns in Basin-area pool
October 23, 2015
A 62-year-old woman died Tuesday after being found unconscious in the Aquatic Center pool at Ecker Hill Middle School.
Deputy Brian Debotelho said the office of the medical examiner is investigating the cause of death. However, it is not considered suspicious.
The Park City Fire District responded to a call about a possible drowning at around 10:30 a.m., according to Steve Zwirn, Fire District battalion chief. Aquatic Center staff performed CPR until medical personnel arrived.
The woman, a Summit County resident, was transported to the Park City Medical Center in critical condition. She was later pronounced deceased.
According to a Park City School District press release, the school district offered counseling services to students and staff at Ecker Hill Middle School.
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit County library follows trend of waiving fines for overdue items
- Summit County officials have captive audience with state representatives
- Sheriff’s report: Two vehicles burglarized at popular trailhead in the Snyderville Basin
- Court report: Francis woman pleads guilty to assault
- Curbside fees for trash collection in Summit County may increase
- Park City awaits a Friday decision on fate of Olympic bid
- UPDATED: Park Record Building evacuated Thursday after bomb threat hoax
- Winter Olympics: Park City, Salt Lake City seen as 2026 contingency
- Park City police blotter: report received of ski collision from January
- Park City High School names Sterling Scholars