The Park Record Election Guide: Summit County Council
October 19, 2016
Q&A with candidates for Council Seats A,B, C and E
In addition to the federal, state and school board elections, this year's ballot in Summit County includes four of the five seats on the Summit County Council.
Democrat Glenn Wright is running against Republican Tal Adair for Seat B on the county council. The winner on Nov. 8 will serve out the two years left on previous council member Dave Ure's term. Ure left to become director of the State Institutional Trust Lands Association.
Democrat Doug Clyde is running against Republican Colin DeFord for Seat B. Incumbent council member Claudia McMullin chose not to run for another term. The winner will serve for four years.
Incumbent council members Kim Carson and Roger Armstrong are running unopposed for seats C and A respectively.
Recommended Stories For You
Here are their answers to questions posed by The Park Record.
Trending In: Summit County
- Sheriff’s report: Furniture and appliances stolen from Airbnb
- Park City family soliciting donations to help animals in California wildfires
- Summit County Councilor still resistant as county joins roadless rules petition
- Hoytsville incorporation vote ‘not surprising,’ some say
- Court Report: May 13-16, 2017
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space
- UPDATED: USOC visits Park City, Salt Lake City as bid race narrows
- Attorney for 17-year-old accused of procuring illegal drugs seeks motion to suppress evidence