Two barns lost in fire in South Summit
September 13, 2013
Two hay barns and approximately 200 tons of hay were lost in a fire Thursday morning in South Summit, according to a Summit County emergency official.
The barns were located on Lambert Lane just south of Kamas and were the property of Duane Lambert. The fire was believed to have been caused by a lightning strike. As of 9:20 a.m. on Thursday, Katie Mullaly, Emergency Response Coordinator with Summit County, said the fire was still smoldering, but fire crews had it contained. There was no risk of the fire spreading to any other structures or fuel loads.
The response was jointly handled by crews from the South Summit Fire District, Summit County Wildland Fire, North Summit Fire District and Summit County Public Works.
Trending In: Summit County
- Potential development now in Coalville City’s hands
- No timeline for completion of South Summit Facilities Building
- Summit County plans major upgrades for Snyderville Basin roads
- Mountain Town News: Long-term declines in snowpack, mountain town accessibility and how to be civil on the lift
- Sheriff’s Report: Four vehicles burglarized on separate occasions