Utahn dies following collapse at Park City Mountain Resort
February 8, 2016
A 67-year-old man from Utah died Saturday after suffering from a medical condition while skiing at Park City Mountain Resort.
At around 1 p.m., the man reportedly collapsed near the base of Tombstone, according to the Summit County Sheriff’s Office. His name has not yet been released.
The victim was transported to the White Pine Canyon area where Park City Mountain Resort ski patrol administered life support before transferring him to the University of Utah Hospital, in Salt Lake City, by AirMed. He died at the hospital.
Park City Mountain Resort extended their "deepest sympathy and support to the family and friends of the man" in a press release.
It is the second skier death to occur in the last week.
A Wanship man died in an avalanche Sunday, Jan. 31, in an area known as Shale Shot near Murdock Peak, outside of the resort’s boundaries. His body was recovered two days later buried under several feet of snow.
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit County joins discussion about state’s roadless rules petition
- Owner of Karaoke Cab sentenced, still maintains innocence
- Court Report: Kamas man pleads guilty to unlawful sexual activity with a minor
- Sheriff’s report: Deputies respond to five suspected cases of domestic violence
- Woodward Park City slated for Gorgoza Park
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County
- For the Record: Do you agree with the Park City Board of Education’s decision?