Vehicles burglarized in the Silver Springs and Bear Hollow neighborhoods
Few items actually taken from the vehicles
March 14, 2017
Several vehicles were burglarized in the Silver Springs and Bear Hollow neighborhoods over the weekend. However, few items were actually taken, according to the Summit County Sheriff's Office.
On Sunday, March 12, deputies responded to at least seven separate incidents where a vehicle was reportedly accessed. In most of the cases, the vehicles were not damaged and nothing valuable was taken. However, a laptop, wireless speaker and purse with several credit cards were reported stolen from two of the vehicles.
Lt. Andrew Wright said there are currently no leads on a suspect. He said an investigation is ongoing.
"It is happening in Park City and the county and we can assume that there is a possible link between all of the vehicle burglaries that are going on in both communities," Wright said. "Our investigation is definitely following any leads that become available."
Wright said some of the vehicles were left unlocked and valuables in plain sight. He added, "We want our residents to do anything that they can to prevent themselves from falling victims to these crimes."
"We do live in a safe community, but it doesn't mean we are exempt from criminals coming in here," Wright said. "We strongly encourage residents to not allow people to take advantage of their property. Make sure you take all valuables inside at night and, if you chose to leave them in the vehicle, keep them out of sight. At the very minimum, make sure you are locking your vehicles."
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit County contributes $500,000 toward preservation of Basin farm
- Park City veterans honored by the University of Utah for their service
- Election Day voters in Summit County upset ballots weren’t counted on Tuesday
- UPDATED: Summit County Councilor re-elected over write-in candidate
- Court Report: Park City man enters guilty plea to assault on a peace officer or military service member
- Report shows slowing sales in Park City area as housing costs continue to rise
- U.S. Ski and Snowboard seeks hundreds to volunteer for largest ski competition in Park City since Olympics
- Experienced surgeon opens Elevation Plastic Surgery
- UPDATED: One suspect who led a foot pursuit in Bear Hollow Village arrested
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch