Woman dies in head-on collision near Kamas
July 15, 2014
A Kamas woman died in a head-on car accident on State Route 248 east of Park City Tuesday morning, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.
At about 10 a.m., two vehicles collided about three miles west of Kamas when a silver Chevrolet Silverado eastbound on the road crossed over into the oncoming westbound lane for unknown reasons, according to the UHP. At that point, it impacted head-on with a westbound gray Chrysler Aspen.
The female driver of the Aspen, Angela Fitzgerald, 38, was killed on impact, the UHP reported.
A young female passenger in the Aspen, her daughter Maddie, was flown by medical helicopter to Primary Children’s Medical Center in Salt Lake City, and the driver of the truck was airlifted to University Hospital at the University of Utah. Primary Medical would not release the condition of the daughter.
Seat belts were worn by all of the passengers, the UHP said.
State Route 248 was closed for several hours from the Brown’s Canyon turnoff to four miles east of Kamas as traffic was diverted.
Recommended Stories For You
— David Burger
Trending In: Summit County
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Park City grocer will shun plastic bags regardless of Utah lawmakers