Woman dies in head-on collision near Kamas
July 15, 2014
A Kamas woman died in a head-on car accident on State Route 248 east of Park City Tuesday morning, the Utah Highway Patrol reported.
At about 10 a.m., two vehicles collided about three miles west of Kamas when a silver Chevrolet Silverado eastbound on the road crossed over into the oncoming westbound lane for unknown reasons, according to the UHP. At that point, it impacted head-on with a westbound gray Chrysler Aspen.
The female driver of the Aspen, Angela Fitzgerald, 38, was killed on impact, the UHP reported.
A young female passenger in the Aspen, her daughter Maddie, was flown by medical helicopter to Primary Children’s Medical Center in Salt Lake City, and the driver of the truck was airlifted to University Hospital at the University of Utah. Primary Medical would not release the condition of the daughter.
Seat belts were worn by all of the passengers, the UHP said.
State Route 248 was closed for several hours from the Brown’s Canyon turnoff to four miles east of Kamas as traffic was diverted.
Recommended Stories For You
— David Burger
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit County wants a larger role in overseeing Park City’s transit system
- Summit County’s GOP state representatives vote in favor of medical pot compromise
- Curbside fees for trash collection in Summit County may increase
- Sheriff’s report: Man kicked out of Uber for trying to fight the driver
- Summit County Council may reconsider Rail Trail study
- Seasonal workers without housing in Park City struggle to find anywhere to live
- Deer Valley scheduled to open Saturday, with $8 million in improvements
- Inside the snowmaking process at Deer Valley Resort (photos)
- Park City young people ‘feel like they’re being pushed out,’ official says
- UPDATED: Park City-area man dies after collapsing at PCMR