Woman knocked unconscious and robbed near Tanger Outlet
March 22, 2016
The Summit County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the assault and robbery of a woman that allegedly occurred during the early morning hours of March 18 near Tanger Outlet.
According to the Sheriff’s Office, the incident happened at around 4 a.m. while the victim was walking along the sidewalk on Landmark Drive.
A report states the woman was walking to Walmart to meet her mom when she was hit in the back of the head by an unknown object and knocked to the ground. According to the report, the assailant continued to hit the victim an additional three to four times with blows to the head and face. When she woke up, her purse was gone, the report states.
The woman was transported to an area hospital for her injuries, but was later released, according to Summit County Sgt. Ron Bridge. Bridge said the case is under investigation. He said authorities are not releasing any information about the victim.
"We are really in the preliminary stages of investigating," Bridge said. "There were no witnesses so we are taking her story to try and figure out what happened."
According to the report, the woman had reported seeing a white male with short brown hair, wearing a gray hoodie and jeans in the area before the incident occurred. However, Bridge said it is premature to describe him as a suspect.
Recommended Stories For You
Bridge said alcohol and/or drugs are not suspected to be factors in the case. While Bridge said law enforcement officers do not believe the public is threatened, he emphasized the need to be aware of your surroundings.
"We live in a phenomenally safe environment and crimes such as this are very few and far in between," Bridge said. "People can feel safe living here, recreating here and walking here. But people also need to take a personal inventory of their own safety. It can be something as easy as walking with a friend or letting people know where they are going. We all need to be diligent in making sure our own surroundings are safe."
Trending In: Summit County
- Sheriff’s report: I-80 pursuit ends in arrest of man from Sandy
- Opponents, supporters of Prop 2 press on in wake of medical marijuana compromise
- Sentencing of Park City man who hosted underage party delayed
- EPA awards $120,000 grant to replace fireplaces in Summit County
- Lawsuit against Summit County over property on S.R. 224 could be dismissed, official says
- Park City visitor arrested after confrontation with teens dressed as zombies on Main Street
- Amid influx of nightly rentals, Park City grapples with a changing community
- Amy Roberts: LDS Church’s call for a social media fast is suspiciously timed
- 5 things to do in Park City this weekend
- Park City voters receive mailer with exaggerated Treasure details