Wanted: Ski gear with experience
Park City Ski swap set for the weekend
When SKI Magazine calls a ski swap, "One of the best ski swaps in the country," then it must be pretty good. Park City faithful and others can come see for themselves this weekend as the Park City Ski Team hosts the 33rd Annual Park City Ski Swap and Sale at Park City High School this weekend, Nov. 4-6. Due to the nature of ski resort towns, items at the Park City swap are often fairly new and on cutting edge of technology, offering high quality merchandise to buyers. It is also an opportunity for locals to make a profit from gear that they no longer use. Dave Galusha, director of the Park City Ski Team and self-described chief operating officer of the swap, expects between five and seven thousand people to attend the swap.
"This is a great chance for people to come out, especially families, because they can buy equipment that is extremely discounted, making it possible to get the entire family ready for the ski season," said Galusha.
The event is the biggest fundraiser of the year for the Park City Ski Team, and Galusha expects virtually every form of ski and snowboard equipment to be available. "Every accessory you can imagine will be there," added Galusha.
Sellers will receive 75 percent of the profit from the sale of their specific equipment. The other 25 percent will go to benefit the Park City Ski Team.
For early equipment check in, items may be taken to the JANS Mountain Outfitters or Cole Sport locations on Park Avenue until Nov.3. After that all items to be sold may be brought to the high school between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Friday Nov. 4. The swap will be held Friday, Nov. 4 from 9 p.m.-1 a.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. 2 p.m. Tickets for Friday are $5. Saturday and Sundays tickets are only $2. Children under 12 are free.
Galusha says that he enjoys running the event each year and feels that this is a real chance to give back to the community.
"This is a town that loves to ski and this is an event that can get people ready for ski season without spending an outrageous amount of money," said Galusha. For more information, log onto http://www.parkcityskiteam.org or call 649-8749.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Park City and Summit County make the Park Record's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
City Hall is seeking bids from firms interested in winning a contract to build the first cell of a controversial facility officials have proposed along the S.R. 248 entryway where the government wants to store soils contaminated from the silver-mining era.