Zoom suffers grease fire in chimney | ParkRecord.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Zoom suffers grease fire in chimney

by Jay Hamburger, of The Record staff

Zoom restaurant at the Main Street-Heber Avenue intersection suffered a grease fire in a chimney Friday afternoon, the Park City Fire District said.

Ray Huntzinger, a Fire District battalion chief, said the fire was contained in the chimney. A sprinkler system activated but did not extinguish all of the flames, he said.

Firefighters pulled equipment out of the site and used water and foam to extinguish the fire. Huntzinger said firefighters attacked the fire from the inside of the restaurant and the roof.

He said the fire remained in the grease and did not spread to the chimney material. Everyone had evacuated the building by the time the firefighters arrived.

Smoke could be seen rising from part of the building before the firefighters extinguished the blaze.

It was not immediately known when the restaurant would reopen.

The fire was reported at approximately 4:20 p.m. Huntzinger said it took an hour or so to find the fire and then put it out.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Park City and Summit County make the Park Record's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

 


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User