For the Record: How important are the federal races to you this election season?
November 2, 2018
Each week, The Park Record asks For the Record, a weekly question with answers given by residents and visitors. This week, The Park Record was interested in knowing how important the races for U.S. Senate and Utah’s 1st Congressional District are to voters this election season? Comment with your answer below, or consider sending a letter to the editor.
Brad Smith, Pinebrook
“(The federal races) are on top of mind. The nationalization of politics right now is causing me to consider my voting throughout the hierarchy of politics. At some point, (all the races) ladder up to the top.”
Lex Harrison, Pinebrook
“On a scale from one to 10, it's number 10 being the very most important. I think we have a lot of tough choices to make, and at the federal level, there's going to be a lot of people who are happy or disappointed at where the country is going right now. I think it's dire that people get out and vote.”
Macael Ivie, Kimball Junction
“I feel like I place emphasis on both (federal and local) but I do have a generally higher place on federal because I feel like it does affect us more and especially at this time in our country, it (affects us) a lot.”
Tori Hockersmith, Park City
"I would say I care more about local this time around, because I don't feel like I have much of an influence over the national elections, while I feel like I have more of an impact in the local elections."
Quotations have been edited for length and clarity.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Cherniak: Retiring coal one kilowatt-hour at a time
- Guest editorial: Goal of saving Osguthorpe Farm is worthy of everyone’s support
- Record editorial: Visit from Vail Resorts CEO is chance for Parkites to broach critical topics
- Jay Meehan: Marching into the Mountains of Madness
- Letters: Donate whatever you can to save a part of Park City’s heritage
- Vail Resorts chief in Park City: More work needed on housing, wages
- Marketplace: Tech company Banjo establishes roots in Park City
- Summit Park homeowners take lead in fire mitigation
- UPDATED: Man pleads guilty in wife’s 2017 Park City hotel murder
- Park City hotel teardown starts with brute force, power tools