For the Record: What are you looking forward to this ski season?
November 21, 2018
Each week, The Park Record asks For the Record, encouraging residents and visitors to weigh in on a topic of interest. This week, Park City Mountain Resort celebrated its opening of the 2018-2019 ski calendar in Park City. We asked skiers and riders what their expectations and hopes are for the upcoming season. Comment with your answer below, or consider sending a letter to the editor.
Jeff Kopish, Park City
“Hopefully more snow this year. Last year wasn't very good, some of the worst snow years on record, so I'm hoping for more bountiful snow.”
Sean Kopish, Park City
“I'm just hoping to get good ski time this year. (One thing that I want to accomplish) is maybe go hike Pine Cone.”
Recommended Stories For You
Ryan Boessman, Trailside
“I'm looking forward to the snow dump that's coming this weekend. It's looking like (snow this year) is going to be similar to two years ago, which was a phenomenal season. Last year I didn't get as much of the deep stuff as I like.”
Chris Ritrievi, Old Town
“Just getting out on the snow and just having a great time. I'd love to ski more than last year. I think (Park City Mountain) is making great progress. I think there are some good improvements that Vail is making. I've enjoyed the Canyons a lot more now that Vail is in charge.”
Hadley Cunningham, Park City
“I'm looking forward to the Park City race league, because they didn't have it last year and hopefully we have enough snow on the race hill. I'm hoping that the snow is going to be the best snow ever. I hope.”
Cat Silverstein, Park City
“I'm looking forward to some great snow and some fresh turns and improving my skiing tenfold. I wanna become the park rat I've always wanted to be. I'm just kidding.”
Quotations have been edited for length and clarity.
Trending In: Opinion
- For the Record: Should Utah grocery stores be allowed to sell full-strength beer?
- Guest editorial: What’s to blame for Park City’s disappearing parking spaces
- Amy Roberts: Remembering Wally Stuecken
- Jay Meehan: The case for 2020 pessimism
- Letters: Utah lawmakers must take multi-pronged approach to school safety
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Updated: Sheriff’s Office investigates apparent armed robbery at Wells Fargo Bank
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Park City police told of mountain lions in neighborhoods