Letter: Climate situation is becoming more dire
July 17, 2018
Climate situation is becoming more dire
Blue green algae bloom is starting to appear in some Utah lakes. Forest fires are burning in multiple numbers and Utah us surrounded by fire in other western states. For over the past week, spent smoke from forest fires foul the air in Park City and the temperature is way above average.
Denying or ignoring climate change is similar to the frog sitting in a cauldron of slowly heating water. He accustoms himself to the gradual increase in temperature, without response, and it kills him.
Trending In: Opinion
- For the Record: Should Utah grocery stores be allowed to sell full-strength beer?
- Guest editorial: What’s to blame for Park City’s disappearing parking spaces
- Amy Roberts: Remembering Wally Stuecken
- Jay Meehan: The case for 2020 pessimism
- Letters: Utah lawmakers must take multi-pronged approach to school safety
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Park City police told of mountain lions in neighborhoods
- January and February storms help boost Utah’s snowpack