Letters: Americans need protection from the EPA
August 26, 2018
We need protection from the EPA
The New York Times reports that relaxed EPA pollution rules could result in 1,400 premature U.S. deaths per year. This is 3 times the number of troop casualties America has experienced per year in Iraq and Afghanistan combined during the last 16 years. Some easy multiplication reveals that Trump's efforts to undo coal plant emission standards will result in 22,400 unnecessary deaths in the next 16 years compared to approximately 7,000 in our current wars during an equivalent time period. It seems we need some urgent protection from our own protection agencies.
Wheaton's leadership will be missed
Recommended Stories For You
Editor: On behalf of the 30-plus employees at Park City Rental Properties, we would like to express our gratitude and heartfelt thanks to Bob Wheaton for his 30-plus years of dedicated service, direction, and leadership at Deer Valley Resort and within the ski industry as a whole. Deer Valley and Park City have prospered and become what they are today in large part because of Bob Wheaton, and we say "Thank You" for all you have done over the years. Deer Valley's eight-time recognition as the Best Ski Resort in the world says it all. There is a great team behind the man who has been at the helm; yet, the leadership he has provided is second-to-none. We wish you and your successor all the best in your new endeavors.
Bob Wheaton, you will be missed.
Jim and Debbie Bizily, Brian Selleck, Jim Anderson, Gabe Weinem, Ally Murphy, Jessie Sharp and Rich Ford
Park City Rental Properties
Trending In: Opinion
- Letters: Thanks for supporting the Treasure bond, Park City
- Letters: Orrin Hatch put politics over country
- Guest editorial: Tax returns, text messages and other observations from the end of election season
- For the Record: What surprised you about the election results?
- Tom Clyde: Recapping an eventful election
- Report shows slowing sales in Park City area as housing costs continue to rise
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- Experienced surgeon opens Elevation Plastic Surgery
- U.S. Ski and Snowboard seeks hundreds to volunteer for largest ski competition in Park City since Olympics
- UPDATED: One suspect who led a foot pursuit in Bear Hollow Village arrested