Letters to the editor, Dec. 2-5
December 1, 2017
Senators should vote against tax reform
I strongly urge Senators Hatch and Lee to vote against the tax reform bill, but on a larger scale I think the Republican party is being shortsighted. This tax reform bill is the opportunity to get rid of Donald Trump and all the daily chaos that comes with him. All they have to do is vote no on this and anything else Trump wants to do; for example The Wall, health care, etc. He will soon get frustrated, blame everyone but himself, declare victory and resign. Then we will have Mike Pence as president and, while Pence is no prize, without a lunatic in charge anymore we can actually get something done. As it is now, the daily chaos is killing the Republican Party, destroying the US image abroad, and is the primary threat to our safety and security. The sooner Trump is gone, the sooner we can all start to repair the damage.
Mike Stevens Park City
Trending In: Opinion
- Cherniak: Retiring coal one kilowatt-hour at a time
- Guest editorial: Goal of saving Osguthorpe Farm is worthy of everyone’s support
- For the Record: Are multi-resort passes like the Epic and Ikon offerings good for skiing?
- Record editorial: Visit from Vail Resorts CEO is chance for Parkites to broach critical topics
- Jay Meehan: Marching into the Mountains of Madness
- Vail Resorts chief in Park City: More work needed on housing, wages
- Marketplace: Tech company Banjo establishes roots in Park City
- Summit Park homeowners take lead in fire mitigation
- Park City hotel teardown starts with brute force, power tools
- UPDATED: Man pleads guilty in wife’s 2017 Park City hotel murder