212 LAX player commits to college
August 5, 2016
JJ Pickard, rising junior midfielder for The Hill School and a 212 Lacrosse veteran, has committed to play college lacrosse for NCAA Division I Jacksonville University in Jacksonville, Florida.
Pickard is the first 2018 commit under new Head Coach John Galloway and new Offensive Coordinator Casey Powell. Pickard attends The Hill School in Pottstown, Pennsylvania, and plays for the Dukes National Team while on the East Coast.
Pickard has played for 212 Founder and Head Coach Mike Acee for the past five years. He has also played for Wasatch LC.
“I want to thank all my coaches at The Hill, 212, Dukes LC, Wasatch LC and Park City and a very big thanks to my parents for everything they have done,” Pickard said.
“We are thrilled for JJ and his family. It’s been a pleasure coaching him for all these years. And, a big thanks to John Galloway for a smooth recruiting process," Acee added.
212 is based in Park City and led by Mike Acee. 212 has a cumulative five-year record of 194-50 and 17 tournament championships, with 27 players committing to play college lacrosse.
Trending In: Sports
- Alf Engen Museum to induct two Parkites into Intermountain Ski Hall of Fame
- Vail Daily: Colorado officials alarmed by steep drop in wildlife
- Attendance at Park City Red Bull 400 climbs in 2018 (w/video)
- Juniors shine as Park City football wallops Ben Lomond in 45-7 region opener
- Hundreds will punish themselves at Red Bull 400 this weekend
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits