212 LAX player commits to college
August 5, 2016
JJ Pickard, rising junior midfielder for The Hill School and a 212 Lacrosse veteran, has committed to play college lacrosse for NCAA Division I Jacksonville University in Jacksonville, Florida.
Pickard is the first 2018 commit under new Head Coach John Galloway and new Offensive Coordinator Casey Powell. Pickard attends The Hill School in Pottstown, Pennsylvania, and plays for the Dukes National Team while on the East Coast.
Pickard has played for 212 Founder and Head Coach Mike Acee for the past five years. He has also played for Wasatch LC.
“I want to thank all my coaches at The Hill, 212, Dukes LC, Wasatch LC and Park City and a very big thanks to my parents for everything they have done,” Pickard said.
“We are thrilled for JJ and his family. It’s been a pleasure coaching him for all these years. And, a big thanks to John Galloway for a smooth recruiting process," Acee added.
212 is based in Park City and led by Mike Acee. 212 has a cumulative five-year record of 194-50 and 17 tournament championships, with 27 players committing to play college lacrosse.
Trending In: Sports
- Park City’s Grace Donahue and twins Livi and Gabby Rockwood sign letters of intent
- Athletes: Slopestyle course was not up to World Championships quality
- Elite international competition returns to Soldier Hollow for first time since 2002
- In thrilling run, Japanese moguls skier nearly pulls off double backflip (w/video)
- Lady Miner named Swimmer of the Meet for 4th straight state finals
- Park City finds snowmobilers, vandals cause trouble in Bonanza Flat
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Moose falls through basement window well, into Pinebrook home (w/video)
- Tom Clyde: Parking lot culture
- Utah breweries opposed to bill to allow full-strength beer in grocery stores