Charlotte Townshend named skier of the month
January 19, 2016
Charlotte Townshend earned the right to be named the December skier of the month by elevating herself to the Park City Ski Team’s A-Team level. She is a Winter Sports School student and first-year U19 who began the season without an FIS point profile. In Copper Mountain, Colorado, she skied from 82nd position to the top 15 to ignite a string of top results in December. Charlotte has lowered her international points to 57 in GS which earned her a spot among the top PCST skiers.
"Char has been starting in the back of the field and throwing down fast runs in some tough conditions at the National Jr. Series and FIS Series so far this year," said Jess Kelley, Women’s PCST Coach. "She showed she can handle tough conditions and perform under pressure."
Gaddis Investments will donate $500 to the Park City Ski Team scholarship fund on behalf of Charlotte’s accomplishments.
Trending In: Sports
- Sheriff’s Report: Man leads deputies on foot pursuit in Kimball Junction
- More than 350 pounds of marijuana seized in Summit County
- Park City police arrest man, saying he took SUV, drove around lot
- Romney skipped Kamas event, but Abraham Lincoln lookalike didn’t
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of fugitive in Oakley