Charlotte Townshend named skier of the month
January 19, 2016
Charlotte Townshend earned the right to be named the December skier of the month by elevating herself to the Park City Ski Team’s A-Team level. She is a Winter Sports School student and first-year U19 who began the season without an FIS point profile. In Copper Mountain, Colorado, she skied from 82nd position to the top 15 to ignite a string of top results in December. Charlotte has lowered her international points to 57 in GS which earned her a spot among the top PCST skiers.
"Char has been starting in the back of the field and throwing down fast runs in some tough conditions at the National Jr. Series and FIS Series so far this year," said Jess Kelley, Women’s PCST Coach. "She showed she can handle tough conditions and perform under pressure."
Gaddis Investments will donate $500 to the Park City Ski Team scholarship fund on behalf of Charlotte’s accomplishments.
Trending In: Sports
- Heber resident’s garden sustains an endangered species: the ski bum
- Softball team, 1-1 in early season, seeks to prove doubters wrong
- Jaelin Kauf takes second in World Cup moguls series, first at nationals
- End of night skiing among changes at PCMR heading into ski season
- Park City Ski Team hosts first IMD qualifier of the season
- Police investigate man’s death near Park City Cemetery
- Deer Valley, searching for parking, tapped garage in Main Street core
- Wyoming man sentenced for attempted murder at Summit County convenience store
- Osguthorpe Farm deal hinges on additional $375,000
- Park City ‘roof-alanche’ sends big snow pile onto Main Street sidewalk