Claire Thomas top Feb. skier
March 4, 2014
Claire Thomas earned the right to be named the Park City Ski Team February skier of the month by establishing herself as one of the strongest female under-16 skiers in the Intermountain Division. Claire recently visited the podium in four straight races at Bogus Basin, Idaho, during a qualifying series that included three super G races and one giant slalom.
To punctuate her dominance, she won one GS and one SG at the four races at the Trudi Bolinder Memorial series.
"Claire has worked hard and is making big improvements in her skiing," said Will Courtney, PCST U16 coach. "She is gaining confidence with every series."
Claire’s next stop on the race tour will be Bogus Basin, Idaho, March 7-9. She will be looking to gather ranking points in slalom as she prepares for the Western Region U16 Championship at Jackson Hole, Wyo., March 19-23.
A $500 donation will be made to the Park City Ski Team scholarship fund on behalf of Claire Thomas by Gaddis Investments.
Trending In: Sports
- Park City Mountain Resort debuts Seven Summits Challenge
- Gay ski week returns to Park City with increased numbers
- Park City proudly previews affordable Old Town houses
- Alterra Mountain Company announces cost of Ikon Pass, access to Deer Valley Resort
- What it takes to maintain Utah Olympic Park’s bobsled track