Claire Thomas top Feb. skier
March 4, 2014
Claire Thomas earned the right to be named the Park City Ski Team February skier of the month by establishing herself as one of the strongest female under-16 skiers in the Intermountain Division. Claire recently visited the podium in four straight races at Bogus Basin, Idaho, during a qualifying series that included three super G races and one giant slalom.
To punctuate her dominance, she won one GS and one SG at the four races at the Trudi Bolinder Memorial series.
"Claire has worked hard and is making big improvements in her skiing," said Will Courtney, PCST U16 coach. "She is gaining confidence with every series."
Claire’s next stop on the race tour will be Bogus Basin, Idaho, March 7-9. She will be looking to gather ranking points in slalom as she prepares for the Western Region U16 Championship at Jackson Hole, Wyo., March 19-23.
A $500 donation will be made to the Park City Ski Team scholarship fund on behalf of Claire Thomas by Gaddis Investments.
Trending In: Sports
- Hundreds will punish themselves at Red Bull 400 this weekend
- Alf Engen Museum to induct two Parkites into Intermountain Ski Hall of Fame
- Park City golf is teed up for another Region 11 title
- Vail Daily: Colorado officials alarmed by steep drop in wildlife
- South Summit mountain bike team grows with areas trails
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County
- For the Record: Do you agree with the Park City Board of Education’s decision?
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling