David Domonoske named top skier
February 24, 2015
David Domonoske earned the right to be named the January skier of the month by establishing himself as one of Park City Ski Team’s top competitors.
David skied to a 36th-place finish at the Elite Tech Series before heading to Europe to compete with the Western Region traveling team. On David’s first trip competing in Europe, he impressed his coaches and racing peers by consistently skiing to top spots. David scored top results among his peers in Europe by finishing 12th in Pila, Italy, fourth in Gressoney, Italy, seventh in Val Gardena, Italy, and 10th in Champery, Switzerland. It was during competitions in Europe at junior level races that David proved he is one of the top U18 racers in Italy and Switzerland.
"David learned a tremendous amount by competing in Europe," said John Buchar, Men’s PCST Head Coach, "but the best thing was that he proved to himself that he can ski as fast as the top junior racers in Europe as well."
Five hundred dollars will be donated to the Park City Ski Team scholarship fund by Gaddis Investments on behalf of David’s accomplishments.
Trending In: Sports
- Moose falls through basement window well, into Pinebrook home (w/video)
- Way We Were: A shocking crime in old Park City
- Park City winter driving: ‘mini avalanche’ hits road, a ‘mess’ elsewhere
- Anonymous tip leads officers to large teen party in Glenwild
- Sheriff’s report: Deposits totaling $8,000 missing from Tanger Outlets business