David Domonoske named top skier
February 24, 2015
David Domonoske earned the right to be named the January skier of the month by establishing himself as one of Park City Ski Team’s top competitors.
David skied to a 36th-place finish at the Elite Tech Series before heading to Europe to compete with the Western Region traveling team. On David’s first trip competing in Europe, he impressed his coaches and racing peers by consistently skiing to top spots. David scored top results among his peers in Europe by finishing 12th in Pila, Italy, fourth in Gressoney, Italy, seventh in Val Gardena, Italy, and 10th in Champery, Switzerland. It was during competitions in Europe at junior level races that David proved he is one of the top U18 racers in Italy and Switzerland.
"David learned a tremendous amount by competing in Europe," said John Buchar, Men’s PCST Head Coach, "but the best thing was that he proved to himself that he can ski as fast as the top junior racers in Europe as well."
Five hundred dollars will be donated to the Park City Ski Team scholarship fund by Gaddis Investments on behalf of David’s accomplishments.
Trending In: Sports
- Alf Engen Museum to induct two Parkites into Intermountain Ski Hall of Fame
- Vail Daily: Colorado officials alarmed by steep drop in wildlife
- Juniors shine as Park City football wallops Ben Lomond in 45-7 region opener
- Attendance at Park City Red Bull 400 climbs in 2018 (w/video)
- Hundreds will punish themselves at Red Bull 400 this weekend
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County