Deer Valley to host extra aerials contest
January 12, 2016
The International Ski Federation (FIS) has announced that an additional aerials event will be added to the program at the 2016 Visa Freestyle International at Deer Valley Resort. The event will be a make-up for the canceled World Cup in Lake Placid, New York.
The additional aerials event will be held on the morning of Thursday, Feb. 4, prior to the afternoon’s moguls qualifications and finals. The second aerials event will take place in the evening on Friday, Feb. 5. Finals for both events will be streamed live, and an additional hour of broadcast will be added to USSA’s TV schedule for the weekend. The final TV schedule is to be determined.
"Strong partnerships and the state of Utah’s support for the 2002 Olympic legacy makes rescheduling World Cup events possible," stated USSA Vice President, Events, Calum Clark. "The USSA, our athletes and the FIS are very appreciative of Deer Valley Resort, the Utah Sports Commission and the Park City Chamber for their support of freestyle skiing and this great event. We are proud to have these partnerships as we look towards the 2019 FIS Freestyle, Freeskiing and Snowboarding World Championships."
The USSA would like to thank Jeff Robbins and the Utah Sports Commission as well as Bill Malone and the Park City Chamber of Commerce, for their support of the 2016 Visa Freestyle International. For more information on the event, please visit freestyle.usskiteam.com/events or Deer Valley Resort’s website.
World Cup Competition Schedule
Wednesday, Feb. 3 — Opening Ceremony and Concert, Main Street Park City
Recommended Stories For You
Thursday, Feb. 4 — Men’s and Women’s Aerials 1 Qualifications and Finals
Thursday, Feb. 4 — Men’s and Women’s Moguls Qualifications and Finals
Friday, Feb. 5 — Men’s and Women’s Aerials 2 Qualifications and Finals
Saturday, Feb. 6 — Men’s and Women’s Dual Moguls Qualifications and Finals
Trending In: Sports
- Miners girls lacrosse starts season hungry for sixth straight title
- Tennis team will start season with new players in top positions
- Parkite Ashley Farquharson takes fourth at luge Junior World Championships
- Utah ski team crowned as champions
- In thrilling run, Japanese moguls skier nearly pulls off double backflip (w/video)
- Despite snow, Deer Valley and PCMR stick to early-April closing date
- Developer says ‘it’s time’ for a Snyderville Basin retail hub east of U.S. 40
- Vail Resorts chief, who reshaped industry, tapped for Park City speech
- Park City housing plans: oh, the location, or ugh, the location? (w/ video)
- Park City police told of homeless cases, including along Main Street