Deer Valley to offer twilight mountain biking
July 15, 2016
As Deer Valley has expanded its summer mountain bike options, demand for use of the resort's trail system has increased.
But, with a lift schedule that runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, some riders aren't able to make it out to Deer Valley to ride during the week.
However, Deer Valley has a solution for riders with 9-to-5 jobs — the SCOTT Twilight Ride Series.
For four Tuesday nights this summer, the lifts will spin until 7 p.m. SCOTT Sports athletes will be in attendance for the rides and SCOTT will have contests and giveaways.
Emily Summers, Deer Valley's senior communications manager, said the Twilight Ride Series will be a test run for future evening activities.
"If you expand your offerings, you have to take a bigger look at operations," she said. "This is the very first step into it. Based on these results, we'll take a look at what we want to do next summer."
Recommended Stories For You
The four Tuesday evening rides are scheduled for July 26 and Aug. 2, 16 and 23.
Deer Valley's new Tidal Wave flow trail has been popular since it opened last summer and a new flow trail, Holy Roller, is scheduled to open later this season. Summers said the new trails are a big reason the Twilight Series is needed.
"The trails are really popular and people just want to be up here and riding," she said. "It's a new thing, something we haven't done before."
Riders who show up at 4 p.m. and later will be able to pay a special rate for a lift ticket during the four Tuesday night rides.
"We're doing a special lift ticket for these events," Summers said. "You get to ride those three hours for $17."
Those who purchase a gold ticket for the entire day will also get to access the lifts until 7 p.m., Summers added.
Three-hour bike rentals will also be offered by the resort. SCOTT bikes can be rented for $39 for adult bikes and $21 for junior bikes. Summers said SCOTT Sports has provided Deer Valley with equipment for all ages.
"We're a SCOTT mountain for the summer," she said. "We've had a partnership with them for a couple years and we have a fleet of SCOTT bikes."
For more information on the SCOTT Twilight Ride Series, visit http://www.deervalley.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Ice Miners 14U team sticks together for trip to national championship
- Park City Running Club gets (semi-)serious for Running with Ed race
- Liz Stephen retires from U.S. cross-country ski team
- Scott Chester, voice of many Miners sports, announces for Major League Rugby
- Park City Mountain and Deer Valley say goodbye to dry winter, prepare for summer programming
- More than 350 pounds of marijuana seized in Summit County
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of fugitive in Oakley
- Sheriff’s Report: Man leads deputies on foot pursuit in Kimball Junction
- Marketplace: Cox Tires provides auto repair to Park City area
- UPDATE: Park City School District names interim superintendent