Deer Valley to offer twilight mountain biking
July 15, 2016
As Deer Valley has expanded its summer mountain bike options, demand for use of the resort's trail system has increased.
But, with a lift schedule that runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, some riders aren't able to make it out to Deer Valley to ride during the week.
However, Deer Valley has a solution for riders with 9-to-5 jobs — the SCOTT Twilight Ride Series.
For four Tuesday nights this summer, the lifts will spin until 7 p.m. SCOTT Sports athletes will be in attendance for the rides and SCOTT will have contests and giveaways.
Emily Summers, Deer Valley's senior communications manager, said the Twilight Ride Series will be a test run for future evening activities.
"If you expand your offerings, you have to take a bigger look at operations," she said. "This is the very first step into it. Based on these results, we'll take a look at what we want to do next summer."
Recommended Stories For You
The four Tuesday evening rides are scheduled for July 26 and Aug. 2, 16 and 23.
Deer Valley's new Tidal Wave flow trail has been popular since it opened last summer and a new flow trail, Holy Roller, is scheduled to open later this season. Summers said the new trails are a big reason the Twilight Series is needed.
"The trails are really popular and people just want to be up here and riding," she said. "It's a new thing, something we haven't done before."
Riders who show up at 4 p.m. and later will be able to pay a special rate for a lift ticket during the four Tuesday night rides.
"We're doing a special lift ticket for these events," Summers said. "You get to ride those three hours for $17."
Those who purchase a gold ticket for the entire day will also get to access the lifts until 7 p.m., Summers added.
Three-hour bike rentals will also be offered by the resort. SCOTT bikes can be rented for $39 for adult bikes and $21 for junior bikes. Summers said SCOTT Sports has provided Deer Valley with equipment for all ages.
"We're a SCOTT mountain for the summer," she said. "We've had a partnership with them for a couple years and we have a fleet of SCOTT bikes."
For more information on the SCOTT Twilight Ride Series, visit http://www.deervalley.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Alf Engen Museum to induct two Parkites into Intermountain Ski Hall of Fame
- Vail Daily: Colorado officials alarmed by steep drop in wildlife
- Hundreds will punish themselves at Red Bull 400 this weekend
- South Summit mountain bike team grows with areas trails
- Park City golf is teed up for another Region 11 title
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County
- For the Record: Do you agree with the Park City Board of Education’s decision?