Deer Valley wins major award
November 27, 2015
The World Ski Awards named Deer Valley the United States’ Best Ski Resort at a gala celebration in Europe Nov. 21, the second year in a row the Park City resort has won the award.
After receiving the award in Kitzbühel, Austria, Deer Valley President and General Manager Bob Wheaton said he’s proud of the resort’s staff for making Deer Valley noteworthy in the travel industry.
"The awards are a confirmation to our guests and staff of what we strive to provide," he said. "The key is to remember that we don’t do this just for the awards. Our goal always is to provide the best possible experience for our guests."
Wheaton added that the World Ski Awards vote was packed with worthy candidates.
"There were about a million and a half votes that went into this vote," he said. "There were about 20 resorts in the U.S. that were nominated. It takes into account skiing, friendliness of the staff and overall experience."
Wheaton said Deer Valley takes a lot of pride in its staff and atmosphere, constantly upgrading services to make the experience better.
Recommended Stories For You
"Every year, we look to provide renewed energy in guest service," he said. "This year, we’ve reinvested in snowmaking facilities as well as equipment. And we’re putting the finishing touches on a full remodel in the Silver Lake Restaurant. It’s going to be really cool."
As the staff returns to the resort for another winter season, Wheaton said there’s a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes before the slopes open for guests.
"It’s a continued investment in the training for the staff and that’s what’s going on now," he said. "We do a lot of training and mentoring before we even open."
Deer Valley opens for the winter season on Saturday, Dec. 5. Visit http://www.deervalley.com for more information on season passes and activities on the mountain.
Trending In: Sports
- One year after a debilitating accident, triathlete Sebastian Ziesler race Utah’s Toughest Triathlon
- Park City volleyball celebrates seniors by cutting loose in home finale
- The Mine Bouldering Gym hosts USA Climbing locals and international talent
- Rec Report: Oct. 20
- Park City Volleyball goes 5-1 in Wasatch Festival tournament
- Park City visitor arrested after confrontation with teens dressed as zombies on Main Street
- Amid influx of nightly rentals, Park City grapples with a changing community
- Amy Roberts: LDS Church’s call for a social media fast is suspiciously timed
- 5 things to do in Park City this weekend
- Park City voters receive mailer with exaggerated Treasure details