Double trouble in Greensboro
June 21, 2013
Submitted by Megan and Chrissy Glasmann
Last weekend looks to be the start of a fantastic summer track and field season for the Glasmann girls.
Chrissy Glasmann, an incoming junior at Park City High School, threw a personal best of 135 feet, landing her in the finals for the championship section of the women’s javelin event at the New Balance Outdoor Nationals in Greensboro, N.C., on Sunday.
Her older sister, Megan Glasmann, a recent graduate of Park City High School, entered the championship finals with a throw of 152 feet, 8 inches. During the finals, Megan had an impressive throwing series of 157 feet, 154 feet 10 inches, and 159 feet 1 inch.
Chrissy placed eighth in the championship section and is currently ranked 58th in the U.S. for high school girls’ javelin. Megan won the championship section with a personal best, moving her up to fourth in the national rankings in the U.S. for high school girls’ javelin.
Upcoming meets for the Glasmann sisters include the World Youth Trials and the USA Youth Track & Field Championships for Chrissy and the USA Junior Nationals for Megan.
Trending In: Sports
- UPDATED: Park City Institute concert series will no longer be held at Deer Valley
- UPDATED: Park City killer locked up as judge says victim was left to die
- Deer Valley Music Festival 15th anniversary lineup announced
- Summit County plans major upgrades for Snyderville Basin roads
- Park City Mountain Grüvs into spring